ADMIN. TRAINING. PURSUIT.
To equip athletes and coaches to work together in an environment that embodies the pursuit of excellence whilst striving for a common goal.
Swim Consult SA is designed to assist coaches and athletes with club administration, training, pathway programme design and PURSUIT sessions.
Swim Consult SA offers administrative assistance to coaches and athletes.
- Admin related to registration of the club’s athletes with the district;
- Communication link between the district swimboard convenor and club’s coaches;
- Collating gala entries and submitting relevant files to the district swimboard convenor.
Day-to-day training sets for coaches to progress their athletes through the various levels of SA swimming with target benchmarks linked to the qualification standard for the SA Age Group Levels.
- PURSUIT – LEVEL 1 programme – for swimmers just out of learn-to-swim and starting squad training (usually for swimmers from age 7; 3 x 30min sessions per week; 6 week cycle)
- PURSUIT – LEVEL 2 programme – for swimmers who are gala ready and have had coaching on the JUNIOR 1 programme for at least 3-4 x 6 week cycles (usually from age 9; 5 x 1hr sessions per week; 6 week cycle)
- PURSUIT – LEVEL 3 programme – for swimmers who are committed to training and competing (usually girls from age 11 and boys from age 12; 8 x 90min sessions per week; 8 week cycle)
Included in the above:
- Assisting coaches with analysis of training results and adapting programmes to suit the levels of the swimmers.
- Transition of swimmers from one programme to the next.
These sessions are focused on discussing:
- being UNITED as a team and what this means for athletes and coaches;
- PURSUIT of goals and what it takes to set and achieve the goals;
- approaching life and sport with EXCELLENCE.
Parent education: open discussions on all things sport-related.
These sessions are tailor-made to the needs of the athletes and coaches, where we work together to improve skills such as:
- stroke technique;
- starts, turns, finishes, relay take-overs;
- basic sets that swimmers should be able to do at benchmark ages to set them up for qualification on the SA Age Group standards;
- race pace sets and test sets
- and more…
PURSUIT training camps are tailor-made to suit the needs of the coaches and athletes.
Each training camp is unique and consists of:
- Mindset sessions
- Swim sessions
- Dryland sessions
Tailor-make your training camp by choosing from the following examples:
|PURSUIT – LEVEL 1||PURSUIT – LEVEL 2||PURSUIT – LEVEL 3|
|➢ 2 days
➢ 4 x 90 minute sessions
➢ FOCUS: technical skills & basic training sets on all four strokes
|➢ 3 days
➢ 6 x 90 minute sessions
➢ FOCUS: technical skills & aerobic sets on all four strokes
|➢ 4 days
➢ 8 x 90 minute sessions
➢ FOCUS: technical skills; aerobic sets; race pace sets
|➢ 5 days
➢ 10 x 2h30 minute sessions
➢ FOCUS: transition from basic age group training sets to more advanced competitive technical training sets on all four strokes
|➢ 6 days
➢ 11 x 2h30 minute sessions
➢ FOCUS: sprint; middle distance; distance and stroke-specific training aimed at the highest level of competitive training
|➢ 5 days
➢ 5 x 120 minute sessions
➢ FOCUS: technical skills; programme design; transitioning swimmers through the SSA levels; heart rate based training zones
Daily training sessions designed to maintain health, fitness and enjoyment and to assist athletes prepare for master’s galas, open water swims and multisport events.
Online coaching is tailor-made to the athlete’s needs and caters for:
- masters swimmers
- multisport athletes
- social swimmers
The number of sessions required, the session content and duration is discussed individually with the athlete and progress monitored weekly.